New Server Suggestions
Yup.

We will be officially starting a new Ark server, based off of our custom server. This means that much like our most recent Ark server, we can expect great SSD performance and great FPS. It also means that we will not be entirely reliant on donations, so even if there's "lulls" in population and donations, we can keep the server running. If population outgrows us, I will look at purchasing another newer server. 

Now, on to the reason for this thread; what the hay are we going to do with the server this time around?! Below I've outlined my current thoughts/opinions, which you will see have carried over from our other GIA run servers. I'd like to hear everyone's feedback. 

Current Thoughts
-I don't typically care for heavily modded servers for a few reasons; They make it more challenging for users to connect, they reduce overall performance of the server, and opinions on the mods are like assholes - everyone has one.
-The Center for the map (lots of room, variety in biomes, and newish)
-20x Tame, 20x Gather, 5x XP (x50 is way too fast/high in my opinion, and I want it to be a grind, I just don't want to spend 23hrs taming a dino lol, and I like the 5x XP so that late-joining users will not be totally outmatched)
-I have mixed feelings about primitive plus. I really enjoy not have just metal for everything since it seems it is always overpowered. I always enjoy all the small things you can make with P+. On the other hand, I think it could detract from population since it will require a large download that people may not already have. Kind of torn here. One option would be to go with the standard version, and just place a limit on the amount of metal wall layers or something.
-I feel strongly about enabling offline raid protection. For those of us that have played on the Rust server, I'm going to try to find or develop a similar system. For example, user's bases are protected when they go offline. As soon as one tribe member is online, protection is disabled. I'd prefer to have it gradually reduce the protection; i.e. 12hrs offline = 90% protection, 24hrs offline = 80%, 48hrs offline = 50%, etc. This would need tweaking, but you get the idea.

Rules
-I'm pretty hard set on these rules, but of course I'm willing to listen to suggestions
-I'd prefer a mostly "everything goes" server, assuming that it follows GIA's general guidelines (e.g. no racism or bigotry, etc). Any rules that we actually have would preferably be plugin-enforced so it doesn't rely on an admin. This means the rules will be relatively minimal. 
-Originally I was thinking "no extreme harassment of bases" (as in, no repeatedly raiding day after day) as a rule, but I think that having a bounty system would alleviate this completely. If someone keeps harassing you, you could simply put a large bounty on their base/dinos/head. Need some suggestions here.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks! Smile 

Messages In This Thread
New Server Suggestions - by da1geek - 05-05-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by Braff Zacklin - 05-06-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by da1geek - 05-06-2017, 06:20 AM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by Kwimen - 05-06-2017, 05:57 AM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by Bud Finklestein - 05-06-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by Fernridge - 05-07-2017, 02:09 AM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by da1geek - 05-07-2017, 07:57 AM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by Dirty Furby - 05-09-2017, 11:53 PM
RE: New Server Suggestions - by da1geek - 05-10-2017, 09:20 PM