Computer Questions
So as a bit of an update, and a second opinion, I got this build/link off of reddit, and was wondering if it's a good one/ one you would recommend?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f2sWpg
[Image: ulapdo7ac02.gif]
HOTS Logs Player Profile
Wow, nice build! Here are my thoughts:

CPU

Oh, the 'ol 4690k. This is probably the best "bang for you buck" CPU. Great at overclocking too. For your budget and what you want, this is awesome.

Cooler

Your pick of the 212 Evo was also wise, young padawan. I've moved more toward closed loop cooling simply because the price to performance seems better IMO and leaves more headroom for over clocking. However, you can't deny the Evo's success. Great choice for the cost. 

Z97 Gaming MSI

Hit or miss. This particular board I've heard great things about. In my personal experience I had to get a new motherboard twice, because the VRMs overheated/fried. This was with out over clocking. I've personally never had any issues with ASUS motherboards, ASROCK and other MSI boards seem to be doing well too. May be worth it to consider changing?

Memory

Good choice. Good price/value/performance and upgrade-able Smile Kingston has been very reliable too. 

Crucial

Crucial isn't the "best" of the solid state drives (noticeably slower then the Samsung Evo's for example). However, with how much of a performance gain SSDs are over standard hard drives already, and how cheap they are, I'd say this is a good decision. I have seen plenty of OCZs and they work just fine.

Graphics Card

This is my only "highly" suggested change about the whole build. This is coming from someone who has been a long time ATI fan: Don't go ATI at least not in their current architecture. You will be much, much happier with NVIDIA. Better performance, don't have to deal with the current bugs of ATI drivers, better architecture, cooler, less power consumption, etc.

You have two options. You could get a GTX 970 which would be comparable to better performance, but not be able to go SLI later on - This is a good solution and the "high performance budget" graphics card. The other option is to go a step up to the 980, which is more expensive than the GTX 970. If you buy it "whenever" from Newegg, etc. it will see like a 600-800 graphics card. However, if you hold out, you can DEFINITELY get them for the same price that you would be spending on the 390. Proof: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/s...rict_sr=on
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/c...e_gtx_980/
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/c...4gb_23654/
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/c...4gb_28671/

Case

The NZXT is popular, well built, and cool looking. There are some other better looking ontes IMO but especially for a first build, this will be perfect. 

Power Supply

Great PSU choice. Probably a little over kill, but it leaves you room to upgrade. Great quality brand and fully modular. You'll love yourself for it.

OS

Windows 10. The first Operating system I didn't have any major gripes about when it came out. Good choice!. DX12!

Monitor

I don't know what to say here really. I mean, I know this cuts down on price point a lot, but your monitor will make a HUGE difference. Especially on a PC like this that can run most games at 60+ FPS (probably closer to 100ish). Personally I love the hell out of my 144hz ASUS that I got for just short of $300. May be worth your time to just find a cheap-o 1080p and upgrade when you can. Anyway, check for sales - monitors have TONS of sales. 

Keyboard

Is dope. I don't have a lot of experience with cooler master keyboards, been using corsair, but they have MX Browns which are great quality. I think you'll be happy with it.
[Image: 12.6.gif]
"Never pull the trigger - until you know you can win."
Owner - Admin - Event Organizer
Alright cool! I changed the motherboard to a Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 and the graphics card to the NVIDIA GTX 970, I'll keep a look out on the 980 for a deal Tongue. I also changed the monitor to a ASUS, it's cheaper then the two monitors I had on the list, and I can look into a second monitor down the line a bit. So this is what I'm looking at right now, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tvk699 , seems awesome too me, at least for a first build =P. Anyway, thanks for help and advice!
HOTS Logs Player Profile
Got the parts all together, took awhile for them to get shipped here. Just gotta put it all together now. Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

HOTS Logs Player Profile
***** yeahhh! xD xD Congrats dude! Let me know if you need help!
So I got it all working now, OS is installed after a ordeal that ended up with me installing the OS onto my laptop, and cannibalizing an old PC I got for its Optical Drive, and essentially wasting alot of time. I believe I got the driver's installed now, and now I'm just playing around getting all my games and stuff downloaded.

Questions though, I have no other 3-pin plug-ins for fans on my motherboard, so I've got a single fan that came with the case, working by my cooler, but no fans working near my Hard Drive or SSD. Am I screwed for keeping that area from overheating? Can I replace the fans that can't work with ones with four-pins?
Next- Right now for the internet, I've got a long cord going from one room to the next too my router. I don't know anything about routers/router equipment etc. So, am I just going to have to deal with the cord until I feel like moving my stuff into a different room, or is there something out there that can either put me wireless, or at least wires in a single room?
Finally, this may/may not be solved within a couple hours, considering I'm planning on playing around with it in a few minutes. But I've got no audio, I've got the audio jack plugged into the computer/monitor, and I've got the monitor (which has speakers) hooked up fine, but no sound. Ironically, when I plugged in my headset so that I could try trolling Cortana with my cousin today, that worked fine. So yeah, I'm planning on playing around with some wires to see if I can get it working, but any advice is awesome. On a related/unrelated note, I just got (for Christmas) a Sharper Image Light Show Water Image Blue Tooth Speakers. So question is- Anyway I can enable my PC to use blue tooth so I can hook up these to it?I have no clue how it works considering I haven't opened it, may be easy as pie, but always good to ask before I break something expensive. If I can't I'll probably just hook it up to my TV/Xbox One. Although food for thought, if it's only bluetooth connected, does that I mean I can hook it up into both my computers, and my TV/Xbox, and just turn it on/off from my computers/TV? No hassle in changing it based on my mood...Go 2010 decade!

So yeah, I rambled there for a bit, anyway, as always any help is appreciated, and thanks for all the help so far dude. I'll try to get some pictures up on this thread in a day or two showing off my work and the end result. Heart
HOTS Logs Player Profile
What's up Kwimmen? Glad you got everything working! It's funny, sometimes builds go really well (but more typically) you have to do a little troubleshooting when you first get them. Best way to learn if you ask me. In any case, I'm assuming you mean you don't have anymore fans on your rig, not you don't have anymore opt_fan 3-pin modules on the motherboard. The first answer to your questions is: your hard drives and SSD will be fine. They produce minimal heat, and unless you have a dozen of them in a closed box, won't even need a fan. However, you WILL want at LEAST another fan for your build. The general census (although this is debated) is to have a 2:1 ratio with fans. 2x as many blowing cool air in, for every 1 acting as an exhaust. I did some brief research on your case and it can take either 120mm x2 fans on the front, or 140mm x2 fans. The size won't make a tremendous difference in terms of cooling, but personally I'd go for 140mm simply because it will look better and be about the same cost Tongue  The front location will probably be the best source of intake, while your PSU and rear fan act as en exhaust, that should give you enough cooling for all uses, perhaps even a mild O.C. 

Fans Choices:

Noctuas are the most quiet, and are typically most expensive, but really ugly. If you want them to last forever, and be uber quiet, go with these (if you can get them on sale).
Thermaltake's higher end brands and great too, but they still use a bearing-system usually, so it's a little louder
Corsair (my personal choice) Is not particularly quiet, but lasts forever in my experience, and is decently priced. 

For the internet, you have a couple of choices. You could just get a USB wifi-dongle, which would be the easiest. For the minimal effort, and saving a usb-slot, I'd just use an internal wireless card. That's just me though. Of course, this is assuming you have a wireless router (if you don't, re-post, that's a lengthy discussion xD). 

Regarding your sound. Try the dumb thing first; 90% of the time monitors have a separate audio line-in cable for sound. Some of the more fancy ones use HDMI, but is less likely. Check to make sure that's plugged in. In regards to the bluetooth, yes, you can connect your bluetooth sound-thingee. Your computer (as most) does not come with bluetooth, so you'd need to get a bluetooth dongle (they're like $6). However, bluetooth over audio is a pain in the ass IMHO (at least on the PC). 

PEACE
Yeah, building this thing was really fun, I had a dozen different problems, just getting all the pieces together. But just trying different ways and figuring it out on my own was pretty satisfying. Biggest thing that annoyed me was getting the OS done, but even that got done pretty quickly was I spent some time away from it and cooling down.
I finally got the sound down, turns out that when Windows 10 decided to restart on me, it decided to delete my audio driver. I just reinstalled it and I was good to go. As for bluetooth, I don't always enjoy the audio over it (never used it for a PC) but I figure it can at least entertain me because it has pretty lights, so I kinda just wanna set it up over everything I own. So I can just buy a http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Adapter-...B004LNXO28 and plug it in, and I'm good to go?

For the wireless stuff, I've got wi-fi, although my grandfather says that the router we use is wired, so I'm just going to assume it's wireless. Do I have to check to make sure it's compatible to anything? or could I just buy something like http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Wi-Fi-Express...13983711_4 or http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Network-I...3983711_20 and hook it up.
For the fans, I meant I don't have anymore 3-pin modules on the motherboard. Only got 2 3-pin modules, the rest are 4-pin modules. One of the 3-pin was used for a fan that's built into the motherboard, and the last one was used on the case fan at the back to work with the cooler.

Forgot to ask, but what security software do you use, if any? I don't trust Windows 10 at all right now. >.<
HOTS Logs Player Profile
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

First off, anyone in the tech world (who knows what they're talking about) will usually say something along the lines of: "yeah, I mean, if I had to say one, this one is okay. This one is pretty good." "But what do you use?" "Me? Oh, I don't use one". Yeah. I don't use one. None of my techy friends do. Avoiding viruses is more about making smart decisions to prevent them, then it is about having anti virus to fix mistakes. Run with just Windows Defender, which comes free on Windows. Then, if there's really an issue, you can install Malwarbytes Anti Malware or something to that affect to fix it. 

For bluetooth - yes. That would work just fine. Usually you'll need to install some sort of generic driver with it though, but that's it. Check dx.com. The hardware needed can be shitty, so you could get a 3$ and probably be fine. 

In terms of the wireless cards - First one is great. AC band, and is a good brand. Second one is shit with fancy USB lol.